Thursday, April 15, 2010

Maybe I'm Falling For You Chapter 27 Teaser


Here's a little teaser from the next chapter of MIFFY. It should be posted on Sunday :)

“That’s great baby, but I really gotta take a whiz.”

“I would claim that was an over share, but considering I’ve been helping you for two days now, let’s get to it,” I said with a small smile as I lifted her up from the couch and we walked towards the powder room on the main floor with my arm wrapped under hers as I tried to steady her.

When we came back from the bathroom, the phone in my living room began to ring and I guided Bella back to her seat on the couch, letting the call go to voicemail. When I finally listened to the message a few minutes later, I was shocked by what I found.

“Edward, it’s your mother. Why aren’t you at home? Aren’t you usually at home during the day? Is everything alright with Bella?” she said anxiously. I had the call on speakerphone and Bella and I both began to laugh slightly as her ramblings continued on. “I was talking to Renee today, actually I talk to her everyday now that our children are together. Anyways, Renee told me Bella sounded tired on the phone when she spoke to her last night, so I just wanted to make sure things were going alright with her recovery. I don’t want anything to aggravate the prospects of her carrying the next generation Cullen. We all know your cousin Mark is the only other person who can carry on the family name, and since he’s a huge fan of Barry Manilow, we all know that won’t be happening.”

Bella looked at me with a nervous smile on her face, no doubt thinking the entire Cullen legacy now rested on her uterus thanks to the frantic mumblings of my mother. I shook my head and we listed as my mother let out a small breath and then continued again.

See you all on Sunday!

2 comments:

Val said...

Lol, can't wait to hear the rest of that message. I bet Bella is like WHAT? lol

lily said...

haha why am i not surprised that the world is depending on her uterus

Post a Comment