Saturday, May 29, 2010

Maybe I'm Falling For You Chapter 31 Teaser

“So, I have something to tell you,” I said simply. When he merely nodded again, I continued. “I’m moving to California, and I really think we should try seeing other people.”

Nothing. Just another nod.

I slammed my cup on the table as hard as I could without spilling it. “Earth to Edward,” I said, probably louder than I should have in a public place, but he was beginning to worry me with this behavior. “Are you okay?” I asked when his eyes finally met mine.

“Sorry. I’m just…” he trailed off. He knew that I understood what was bothering him.

“Nervous, I know. I can tell. Baby, there’s nothing for you to be worried about, okay?” I placed my hand over his gingerly, assuring him that he would be fine. He would be more than fine, actually. “You’re an amazing photographer, and most of those people that will be there tonight, won’t even know who you are. You will blend in just like everyone else.” When his brow furrowed and he looked as if he wanted to object to my statement, but wasn’t sure how. Then what I had said hit me. “Not that they shouldn’t know who you are, but if you’re nervous about people judging you, or flat out telling you that your work isn’t good, which it is, incredible really, I’m just trying to assure you that no one is going to do that. Everyone who goes to these events is very professional, and most people who are interested in buying your work will go to Jacob and ask for you. Okay, I’m shutting up now.”

Edward laughed at my ramblings and leaned in to kiss me again. “I love you. I guess I’m just on edge because now I actually have to witness people viewing my work for the first time. When I send in my stuff to the New Yorker, I never have to see the faces of people who see the pictures.”

“Well, they are going to be lighting up like fireflies, and if they don’t, I may just have to ask what the hell is wrong with them while I kick them repeatedly. So quit worrying.”

1 comments:

Eagles17 said...

Goodness, I thought she was serious for a moment at the beginning. I think my heart stopped. It's all better now. =)

Post a Comment